Sunday, June 27, 2010

Smash Brothers

Oliver has said some really funny stuff lately, so I thought I'd share.

Every Friday evening we have a Shabbat dinner together to celebrate the Sabbath. I always make homemade challah bread and we light candles. Actually, we do alot more than that, but those are the important details for this story: Oliver and I were reading a lift-the-flap Maisy book. I would read the question, then before we would lift the flap, he would guess the answer...he got them all right, except the page that said, 'What are you doing, Maisy? With: eggs, butter, flour and candles' Oliver said, "Making a shabbat dinner!"...(it was supposed to be Birthday cake, but I liked his answer better!)

I'm not sure how the conversation turned this direction, but the other day, Oliver said to me,
"I'm the big brother and Gideon and Silas are smash brothers."
me- "Why do you call them that?"
Oliver -You know...because they break toys and stuff
me- Well, that's not all they do.
Oliver- Yeah, they also eat.

Then this morning, Oliver looked at me and said, "Mommy, do you know why my leg itches?...It itches because it wants to go fishing. Really...It does!"
I looked at Quentin and said, "did you feed him that?" Quentin swears that he didn't!

2 comments: