Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Giants in the Land

Once again the Lord has asked our family to step out in faith. We are WAY excited.

For as long as I've known him, my husband has wanted to farm and I have shared this desire with him, if only on and off at first. Over the 6 years of our marriage, our desire to do organic farming, raise healthy grass fed animals, and raise our ever increasing number of boys on a farm has only grown.

You would not believe the number of books read and the amount of research Quentin has done on the subject of farming. And of course, he has set his hands to work at every opportunity. He has filled my poor parents back yard with goats and chickens, and gardened every spot of soil he was allowed to till.

In the middle of all this, God took us to Kansas City. Um...ok, God. We are so glad that God took us to this City. Studying at the Forerunner School of Ministry has rooted us in the Word and Love of God. We have learned the importance of standing with Isreal. We have built relationships with wonderful, Godly people. We have been challenged, stretched and strengthened in our Faith. I wouldn't trade this time in the city for anything in the world. It is most definitely what God wanted for our family.

Our time here is done now. God has accomplished all that He had in store for us and is clearly moving us on. This time to the country...ok, not just to the country...Kentucky!! I would have never guessed Kentucky! Of course, 2 1/2 years ago, I would have never guessed Missouri, so I guess we're seeing a pattern here.

I wish I could give you the whole long story of how we came to be interested in this farm in Kentucky, but...I have no idea how this happened. One day my husband sends an email and gets a reply, the next day a phone call...then we keep emailing questions and keep receiving answers. A couple weeks into this we looked at each other and said, "Is this really happening?"

Every time an insurmountable barrier appears that seemingly would keep us from going to the farm, we just glide right over it. God just keeps working out every detail. Our parents (such wise and wonderful people) are standing with us in prayer and in awe at the amount of peace we all have over this move. Why are we in awe? Because this is completely crazy and impossible! And yet, its happening right before our eyes. Quentin and I feel like we are blindfolded and in the dark and yet, our feet keep finding solid ground.

Yesterday I got scared...
I started looking at all the barriers we have yet to glide over and began to think maybe this wouldn't work at all. But the Lord is so faithful. This morning as I lay in bed half awake and half asleep, the battle of Jericho came to my mind. God did not give the Israelites what they needed to fight that battle. In fact, they had been circumcised not too long before that and may not have even had the physical strength to fight a battle. And yet, after following God's ridiculous instructions, the walls of the city collapsed and they took their land.
Then Joshua and Caleb came to my mind. Forty years before the battle of Jericho, Joshua and Caleb came out of the Promised Land reporting what wonderful things they had seen and were ready to go in at take it while the rest of the scouts only reported of the giants in the land. At that point the Lord spoke so clearly to me and said, "There are still Giants in this land...and I can take 'em!"

So...Here we go.

We have officially started packing. We hope to be on our 40 acre, organic farm by April 1st. Please pray for us. Many things still have to be worked out and I'm not exactly in moving condition. (Due April 14th with baby Amos!)

3 comments:

  1. wow! we are totally praying for you guys on this journey, and though we will completely miss you, we are pumped for the opportunities the Lord is bringing you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bethany! That is *so* exciting! I can't wait to hear more about your incredible adventure. :)I'm praying over you all as you embark on this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome God we serve! I am so excited for you! I love that you brought up Caleb and Joshua!! I read that very account in Numbers yesterday and journaled the same thing -- that God is bigger than any giants we face! He is the God of the impossible!

    ReplyDelete